My mother Cookie has always been a great cook. From Italian meals like sausage and peppers to specialized hors’d’oeuvre’s like stuffed mushrooms, we grew up tasting a variety of wonderful dishes that were offered to family and company alike.
Being it’s Passover weekend, it is time to share Cookie’s sticky matzo brei recipe.
- 4 pieces of matzah
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chicken fat
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- Dash of kosher salt
- Rinse each piece of matzah individually with a little bit of cold water.
- Break matzah up into medium size pieces and place in a cooking bowl.
- Heat up a 1/4 cup of water till it boils.
- Take the boiling water and pour it over matzah. (this will ensure the matzo brei sticks together)
- Break the eggs on top of the matzah and mix with a spoon.
- Heat chicken fat in a frying pan until it gets hot
- Place matzah into frying pan and cook for a short amount of time. Flip the matzah over to keep it together and cook until the brei is slightly damp.
- Add kosher salt to taste.
*Optional serve with jelly
From our family to yours, happy Passover and Easter.