Long Beach, CA
Long Beach Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell shared these resources for Senior Citizens in helping to live during the Coronavirus pandimic. He writes:
“Here is the latest information on state, county, city and nonprofit resources available to seniors. Please feel free to share with family, friends and neighbors.
MEALS & RESOURCES DELIVERY
- LA County launched Critical Delivery Services to deliver food and other vital items. Deliveries can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for individuals age 60 and older. Call 1-888-863-7411 to request delivery. View more information.
- Avalon residents can access Senior Meals, call:
- 1-310-510-0220 x 103 to place orders
- 1-310-510-0220 x 230 for general information
- The Long Beach Health Department’s Older Adult Resource Line provides resources for essential items. Seniors can call 562-570-INFO and select option 5, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Long Beach Senior Center serves as a meal site, call 562-570-3500.
- For food pantry and delivery services from the Salvation Army, call 562-247-3528.
- To connect with Meals on Wheels in Long Beach visit their website or call 1-562-439-5000 and select option 0.
- To connect with services in Signal Hill, visit the City of Signal Hill website or call 562-989-7330.
- The San Pedro Service Center serves as a meal site, call 310-519-6091.
- The City of Los Angeles, Department of Aging provides meal deliveries for San Pedro residents, call 213-482-7252.
- The Toberman Neighborhood Center has a food pantry and grab and go meals available, visit their website or call 310- 832-1145.
SOCIAL & EMOTIONAL SUPPORT
Seniors can connect with live individuals for emotional and social support here:
- Call 1-800-854-7771 or text “LA” to 741741.
- For the Department of Mental Health Older Adult Access Center call 213-351-7284 or visit their website.
- San Pedro residents can call the Institute of Aging’s Friendship line at 1-800-971-0016.
- Call 1-562-570-4636, Press 5.
- Interested volunteers can call 562-261-9711 to join the Heart of Ida to care for older adults who may be experiencing loneliness.
- LA County is providing limited access to free COVID-19 testing for residents.
- Seniors over 65, individuals who have symptoms and underlying health conditions will be given priority. For more information and list of locations, visit this City of Los Angeles website.
- Seniors over 70 with an expiring Driver’s License or Vehicle Registration will receive a 120-day extension starting on the day of expiration.
- All renewals have been waived for 60 days for any Californians who cannot complete renewals online. For more information, visit the DMV website.
ADDITIONAL STATE SUPPORT
- The COVID-19 statewide hotline provides assistance on how to access local services 7 days a week from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 1-833-544-2374.
- The California Department of Aging has compiled a list of statewide and county resources including help available for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and those with disabilities.”