Long Beach, CA – In addition to the standard closure of City of Long Beach facilities and services for select holidays, additional City services and resources enacted for COVID-19 response will also close in observance of Memorial Day on Monday, May 25, 2020.
City services and resources for COVID-19 response holiday weekend closures:
- All Long Beach COVID-19 testing sites, including Jordan Plus and St. Mary Medical Center, will be closed on Monday, May 25.
- The Rapid Assessment Clinic (RAC) will be closed on Monday, May 25.
- The Joint Information Center (media) and INFO Hotline (community) will close operations on Saturday, May 23, and Sunday, May 24. Both resources will operate on Monday, May 25.
The City facilities and services listed below will adhere to the following schedule on Monday, May 25, 2020. City Hall remains closed to the public until further notice.
Closed on Monday, May 25:
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA*
- Career Transition Center*
- Center for Working Families*
- City Hall*
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- El Dorado Nature Center*
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Neighborhood Resource Center*
- The WorkPlace, Youth Opportunity Center & Pacific Gateway Administrative Office*
- Park offices and community park facilities*
- Street Sweeping
- Swimming pools*
- Towing and Lien Sales
- Water Department (Water or Sewer Emergencies: 562.570.2390)
Open on Monday, May 25, with modified operations:
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- El Dorado Regional Park* (for active recreation use only; no gatherings or group sports permitted)
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)*
- Refuse and Recycling Collection (offices will be closed but refuse and recycling will be collected as usual)
- Gas Services Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls 562.570.2140
*Indicates City facilities and services currently operating under modified operations until further notice as a result of COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions.
City Hall closed public access on March 18 and will remain closed until further notice. Residents are encouraged to utilize online services during this time.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Monday, May 25. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Tuesday, May 26.
Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Monday, May 25, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Monday, May 25.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow St. between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Monday, May 25. Normal business hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and Holidays.
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Libraries closed to the public on March 18 and will remain closed until further notice. Library patrons are encouraged to make use of LBPL’s vast collection of digital resources, including the library catalog, downloads, and databases, available 24/7. The library’s phone line (562.570.7500), which is usually available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, will be closed on Saturday, May 23, in observance of the holiday.